league season 2022/23 has drawn to a close and we can all relax a bit and focus on improving our games in the long term.
At ABC, we are aiming to regularly provide 3 types of training opportunities:
- Technical training – 1 per week for 90min with Karlo [On-Hold]
- Advanced training – 1 per week for 90min with our A-class coach Fuat
- Bootcamp session – once every few months (anything between half a day and two full days on weekends) with coach Fuat
What are these training groups about?
Technical Training [On-Hold]
Technical training with Karlo focuses on the fundamentals such as the right grip, the right movements on court and other essential skills. It is useful for players of all levels looking to improve their technical skill. We recommend it to everyone, including the advanced players! It is open to anyone and you don’t need to sign up in advance.
Karlo’s first session will be on
Wednesday April 12th at Dahlmannschule. Be there and provide input to him on what you’d like to practice, so he can tailor his sessions to your needs!
Advanced Training with Fuat focuses on technical and tactical skills. It is targeted at advanced and experienced players who want to improve their skills in a real match. You’ll learn some more techniques and also tactics in singles or doubles games. There are some requirements for you to join and Fuat will make his choice of participants based on your skills:
- You should be able to consistently place the shuttle to where it’s intended for the exercise.
- You should be proficient in the proper badminton footwork. If you are unsure, talk to us 🙂
- One other requirement is that participants should be able to commit to attending a number of consecutive weeks of training sessions to really improve their game with enough repetitions in a particular skillset
The first session during the Easter holidays will be on Thursday April 6th at Dahlmannschule. If you want to take part, please indicate this in the registration sheet. Fuat will make a selection among applicants during the first session.
=> Both these training groups are free of charge and you can also join both of them. So give them a try and boost your badminton game!
The bootcamp is a special intensive session where you can really focus on your skills under a coach’s direction for an extended period of time. Marina has taken on the task of organising the next bootcamp, which will take place on Sunday April 30th and will go from 1pm to 6pm at Dahlmannschule. We’ll be calculating costs per participant so that the bootcamp will be self-financing, which means that every player will be expected to pay around 15 EUR (without shuttles – shuttle costs depend on usage, we expect less than one new box per player) to take part.
The number of participants is limited to 16 and there are only a few spaces left! So if you are an advanced-level player looking to improve your game by taking part, please get in touch with Marina to apply!
Any questions or input? Are you already a coach looking for players to train or are you interested in becoming a coach?
Reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org